Many critical applications in high-technology industry, scientific research and health care require controlled environments such as laminar flow systems and cleanrooms. These environments control levels of airborne particulate and/or biological contamination. Typical installations are laminar flow ultra-clean zones and cleanrooms for production of sterile medicinal products; and dispensary containment booths for protection of process workers from potentially hazardous powders.
Our aim at Vilair-AAF is to provide highly cost-effective equipment solutions for these applications that meet stringent industry and government regulations. We have designed, manufactured and installed purpose-engineered systems for Australia’s leading manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Local manufacture enables us to supply standard units or custom-engineered equipment that is typically installed within 16 weeks from order date.
- AAF cleanroom products
- Founded in 1921 in Louisville, Kentucky, AAF® adopted the slogan Better Air Is Our Business® and is widely known as a manufacturer of high-quality cleanroom equipment including HEPA/ ULPA filters, ceiling grid systems and duct housings.
- Vilair-AAF cleanroom systems
- Vilair-AAF is a specialised supplier of laminar airflow and powder containment equipment to the biopharma industry. Australian manufacture enables us to supply cost-effective equipment that can typically be installed within 16 weeks from order date.
- Downflow containment booths
- Vilair-AAF DCB laminar downflow booths create a controlled environment for sampling, grinding, dispensing and filling processes in pharmaceutical, fine chemical and food industries. Controlled airflows and multi-stage high-efficiency air filtration systems protect personnel, process products and adjoining areas.
- Laminar flow enclosures
- DFM Series laminar downflow modules provide an economical means of achieving ISO 14644-1 Class 5 air cleanliness in a wide range of industrial and research applications.
- Pass-through hatches
- Vilair-AAF pass-throughs are manufactured in Australia to meet a specific user requirement specification (URS), in a range of sizes and configurations. Pass-through hatches protect critical environments while allowing materials transfer between adjoining rooms with minimal loss of room pressure.
- AstroCel TM® HEPA ceiling modules
- The AstroCel TM is a disposable HEPA/ULPA ceiling module designed for individually-ducted installation in cleanrooms of ISO Class 5 to Class 7 (HEPA H12 & H14) and Class 3 and Class 4 (ULPA U15). Optional T-bar frames are used for sandwich panel or plaster-board ceiling installations.
- AstroCel FM-II® HEPA/ fan ceiling modules
- The AstroCel FM-II is a low-profile fan-assisted HEPA/ULPA ceiling module for cleanrooms of ISO Class 5 to Class 7 (HEPA H12 & H14); and Class 3 and Class 4 (ULPA U15). These modules are used where ducted modules are impractical; or where the air supply has insufficient capacity for the static pressure of HEPA filters.
- AstroGel ND® gel-seal cleanroom ceiling grid systems
- AstroGel ND is a modular gel-seal cleanroom ceiling grid system that can be adapted to any ceiling area and is leak-free. Made of lightweight extruded aluminium profiles, AstroGel ND is easy to transport, handle and install.
- PCX Series containment modules
- Vilair-AAF PCX modules are extraction units specifically designed for applications in laboratories and pharmacies, where containment of hazardous airborne particles is required. A 2-stage sub-micron prefilter/ HEPA filter system captures airborne contaminants.
- VAS Series air showers
- VAS cleanroom air showers are self-contained chambers installed at the entrance to cleanrooms to reduce entry of particulate contaminants. Personnel move through the air shower while particulates are washed off with high velocity HEPA-filtered air jets. Units are manufactured for Vilair-AAF by Esco, Singapore to meet the requirements of Australian applications.
- ISO standards for controlled environments
- Adoption of ISO standard 14644 makes national cleanroom standards such as AS 1386 redundant. The new ISO standard has 7 parts and is complemented by ISO-14698, dealing with bio-contamination control and monitoring.
- ISO Class 7 cleanrooms
- Non-laminar flow cleanrooms in which there are no more than 350 particles per litre at ≥ 0.5 um, and no more than 2 particles ≥ 5.0 um. In AS 1386 termed Class 350.
- PC3 HEPA filter containment housings
- Vilair-AAF PC HEPA filter housings are produced in a range of sizes and configurations for exhaust or supply air applications in containment laboratories and similar critical environments.